Thursday, January 12, 2012

MTC Week 6 My Testimony

Today's revelational insight is brought to you by a number of sources. As I've talked with numerous people both during my time here and before the mision, I've noticed a pattern. There always tend to be feelings of uncertainty. "Where did I come from? Why am I here? What's the point of this life?" There seems to be a sort of "hole" inside each of us which we feel that we must fill. Lots of people try to fill this hole with things such as their jobs, alcohol, drugs, and other things of the world, but it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole... It just doesn't fit right.

That's why I'm out here. I know exactly what fits there for "whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled" (3 Nephi 27:16), and I'm spreading it to everyone I possibly can. I have been called "to give light to them that sit in darkness" (Luke 1:79). I'm learning Spanish and going to Mexico because I KNOW the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored through his prophet Joseph Smith. I KNOW that the Book of Mormon IS the word of God. I have read it cover to cover, and have prayed to my Father en Heaven about it's truthfulness, y now as a misionero and as a representante of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I Testify with all my Heart and Soul that the Book of Mormon is True. Is is another testament of Jesus Christ and when coupled with the Bible, the two become an undeniable witness that Jesus es the Christ, and that he suffered and paid for each of our sins, that we may repent, be baptized, and return to our Loving Heavenly Father after this life. "We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ... that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (2 Nephi 25:26)

I cannot wait until I reach Mexico in 26 days, I cannot wait to spread the gospel for I know with all my heart that these things are true. "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have Eternal Life." (3 Nephi 5:13)

God has not ceased to be a God of Miracles. He has not witheld his love from us, he has not changed, for God es the same yesterday, today and forever. And just as en times of old, he continues to call prophets and apostles to lead and guide his church. Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore the same priesthood authority that was lost with the death of the apostles, and the Same Church that Jesus Christ himself set up. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's true church on the Earth today. The Book of Mormon truly is the word of God, another testimony of the divinity of Jesus Christ, and if anyone reading this would take the small amount of time it takes to read such a miraculous book and ask God, in the name of Christ if these things are true; "and if ye ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he WILL manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." (Moroni 10:4-5) And I know this because I have done it myself. For "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." (James 1:5)

I have received my answer from God. Why do you think I'm out here spreading the gospel? Because I want to Invite ALL to come and partake of the Joy and pure Happiness that I experience day in and day out.
Read. Pray. Know.
That's all it takes, and as a Representative of Jesus Christ I testify to you that these things are true, and you Will receive the answer if you read, and sincerely pray to know the answer. I Promise You these things in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

And as I finish this letter, I have no idea why it turned into my testimony, but I truly hope that it touched, or helped someone.

God be with you till we meet again,
Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment