Thursday, January 26, 2012

MTC Week 8


Okay, so... busy week.
 
We've finally got all of our progressing investigadores with baptismal dates, and everything running smoothly. It's hilariously ridiculous how easy Spanish comes during a lesson, when you're testifying of gospel truths and the Spirit is right there testifying with you. But then you get out of the lesson and your spanish goes to crap. It's rather hilarious.
So we only have two more weeks left in the MTC. We are the "old" ones now, and it's really fun to go and talk to all the new districts. They talk about how much more "grown up" we seem. I remember feeling that way my first day. I've always looked up to the missionaries because they left everything that they knew to preach the truth. Now I AM that missionary! How great a feeling it is to feel that. I have grown to absolutely LOVE talking to random people. Especially the natives, or the people in the Advanced Spanish District. They help me soo much, and it truly is a wonderful blessing to be able to talk with them. We started just practicing making regular street contacts with the other missionaries around here, talking to them, learning about them, bearing testimony and leaving some kind of spiritual thought, and it is AMAZING to see how much of a difference it makes. Rather than boringly walking to another 6 hours of class, we're running around talking to random people, and getting to know them. It's great! I rather look forward to it now.
 
We had Elder Alonso from the Quorum of the Seventy come and talk to us. He's from Mexico City and was talking about our importance and how much responsibility we have to build up the kingdom of God on the Earth. This message is true, and it can bless the lives of each and every person on the face of this planet. There is no question of the soul that the Book of Mormon cannot answer. This book of divinely inspired truth, written by the very people that inhabited this continent over two thousand years ago is completely and positively FULL of answers to Every question.
     
Anyway, his wife got up and bore her testimony before he spoke. However, she doesn't speak English, so she bore it all in Spanish, and guess who could understand every single word? Guess who absolutely LOVES the Spanish Language? Me. But I still have a long way to go in the speaking department. I can understand and listen, just gotta work on portraying my ideas adequately.
 
I've been reading the Book of Mormon again but in Spanish, and I'm in Helaman now. It's an amazing and wonderful opportunity and I look forward to it every single day. I should be finishing it the day I leave. Which is SUPER EXCITING!! Only 12 pages a day. Piece of cake.
 
I met a missionary yesterday that brought his Ukulele with him to the MTC. Oh how I long to play mine, but I did get to play his a little bit today. I had to tune it for him first, man was it off. However, it felt AMAZING to once again play songs such as Praise to the Man, A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, and Come thou Fount on a legit ukulele, rather than my cardboard/rubber band ukulele. Speaking of which, I will be sending my memory card back home sometime soon, and I have a picture and video of my playing it. I feel like everyone will be getting a kick out of it. It IS pretty funny.
I think when I get to Mexico, I'm going to ask my Mission President if I can buy a uke or a Spanish Guitar from one of the vendors on my P-Day. That would be really really sweet!
 
We were supposed to get travel plans today. Haven't received them yet. However! I've got faith, and I'm super excited too.
We get the opportunity to host the new missionaries again next week. I can't wait! I think I'm going to use a different accent with each newbie.
 
Also, it's super strange to realize that it's only been 2 months. And that it's been 2 months! It's crazy! Weeks fly by Soooo quick, but Days last FOREVER! It's crazy how there's absolutely no set concept of time here. I'm kind of wondering if the field will be any different.
 
Never forget. I'm here because I KNOW that my Redeemer lives. I KNOW that he called Joseph Smith to restore his church on the earth in these the last days, and I KNOW that no matter the question, God Always Answers. He cares for us. He wants us to return to him, and he continuously provides a way that his children may receive the gospel, and have the opportunity to learn everything he wants them to know.
There's a reason why there's over 50,000 missionaries. There's a reason why there's 2,240 here right now just training, getting ready to preach the gospel. There's a reason why I've been called to serve in the Mexico, Mexico City Southeast mission. And I cannot wait to bring my brothers to a knowledge of the truth, and how they can live with their families forever, throughout all eternity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment