Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 9 "Come what may and love it"


So the message for this day is "Come what may and love it". We've had multiple talks in the past few days on it, including the past devotional which we had in which both Elder Nelson and Elder Holland talked to us. It was amazing! Anyway, in D&C 121:1-8 there is a fantastic discourse in which God tells Joseph to be patient through his trials. And if he endures it well, he will be exalted on high. The most important word in this whole section is "well".
As human beings we have an uncanny ability to endure almost anything. Anyone can endure anything if they just try. Even Laman and Lemuel 'endured' their trials. But the difference between them and Nephi was that Nephi endured everything Well. And that's what we must do.
 
Elder Wirthlin gives a great message about it in his talk/mormon message "Come what may and Love it", and I've adopted it into my own life. I'm ready and willing to submit my will to whatever the Lord asks of me.
 
Which brings me to my next point.
I'm not going to Mexico City. 
At least not yet.
There are currently 94 elders which do not and will not receive their visas in time. The Mexican consulate is refusing to let us in right now. Not really sure why, but I know the Lord works in mysterious ways. So as of now, I have no visa, no travel plans, and no idea what to expect. But I have faith.

There are two things that may or may not happen, but as it's been explained to me, one of these will occur.
A) I will stay at the MTC for a few more weeks, how many I have no idea, but it will give me the opportunity to learn more, practice more, and be with my Amazing district for a little while longer.

or

B) I'll get a temporary reassignment and serve somewhere within the US for a transfer or two, which would be AMAZING!! I cannot begin to explain how much I'm praying for this option, and the chance to just go out and serve, and begin helping people.
 
A Lot of missioneros are telling me, "oh that sucks! Sorry man..." But I don't see it that way. If I get a temp assignment, I'll be getting to serve TWO missions!! How many people have the opportunity to say THAT?! :D
Either way, no matter what happens, both outcomes are great, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me.
I apologize, I won't be calling you from the airport on Tuesday on my way to Mexico, but dont fret. The call will come. I'll be sure to keep you posted with any updates I get, and if I do get reassigned, you get to call home that day.
 
I'm excited, I'm waiting, and I'm ready to do anything and everything the Lord asks of me.
 
Until next time,
Elder McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment